Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Island Girl Island Girl is offline

Default Assigning shortcut keys

Is there such a thing as too many shortcuts? I have lots and lots.

The reason I'm asking is that I just tried to assign a shortcut to a
macro--just as I've done many times in the past--but the shortcut doesn't
work. The macro works only if I do Alt+F8 and choose Run, but that's far
too much trouble. I've assigned this macro (which one of you angels sent me
in this discussion group) to a shortcut at my workplace and it works great.
What could possibly be the reason the shortcut isn't working at home?

For what it's worth, the first shortcut I chose was previously assigned to
another function, but I clicked "Remove" and reassigned it--also a process
I've done many times. I've also tried other shortcuts but to no avail.

Thank you, my special friends.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

I cannot tell you why the shortcut will not work. I remember I had the same
problem once and finally I found out that I could make the shortcut work if I
renamed the macro. So maybe it is worth trying.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"Island Girl" wrote:

Is there such a thing as too many shortcuts? I have lots and lots.

The reason I'm asking is that I just tried to assign a shortcut to a
macro--just as I've done many times in the past--but the shortcut doesn't
work. The macro works only if I do Alt+F8 and choose Run, but that's far
too much trouble. I've assigned this macro (which one of you angels sent me
in this discussion group) to a shortcut at my workplace and it works great.
What could possibly be the reason the shortcut isn't working at home?

For what it's worth, the first shortcut I chose was previously assigned to
another function, but I clicked "Remove" and reassigned it--also a process
I've done many times. I've also tried other shortcuts but to no avail.

Thank you, my special friends.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Not *sure* it makes a difference, but have you restarted Word since
re-assigning the keystroke?
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Island Girl" wrote in message
Is there such a thing as too many shortcuts? I have lots and lots.

The reason I'm asking is that I just tried to assign a shortcut to a
macro--just as I've done many times in the past--but the shortcut doesn't
work. The macro works only if I do Alt+F8 and choose Run, but that's far
too much trouble. I've assigned this macro (which one of you angels sent
me
in this discussion group) to a shortcut at my workplace and it works
great.
What could possibly be the reason the shortcut isn't working at home?

For what it's worth, the first shortcut I chose was previously assigned to
another function, but I clicked "Remove" and reassigned it--also a process
I've done many times. I've also tried other shortcuts but to no avail.

Thank you, my special friends.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Island Girl Island Girl is offline

Hi CyberTaz:

I really appreciate your reply. Before I could find out if restarting would
work, however, I had already renamed it as Lene suggested, and it worked.

Thanks always for your help.