Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Diana Wyant Diana Wyant is offline

Default How can I print a directory ie. the file names and info only

I am trying to print a list of the directories and contents set up on my PC.
I have tried pressing the Prt Scr button and also ALT + Prt Scr.
Alternatively, can I highlight the list and copy it to a word document and
then print in the usual way??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

See the article "How can I print a list of My Documents, or the contents of
any folder?" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/PrintDocList.htm

or "How to get the names of all the folders in the folder tree, starting
from a specified folder" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...sIntoArray.htm

and "Insert into a document the names of all files in a selected folder" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...tFileNames.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Diana Wyant" Diana wrote in message
I am trying to print a list of the directories and contents set up on my
PC.
I have tried pressing the Prt Scr button and also ALT + Prt Scr.
Alternatively, can I highlight the list and copy it to a word document and
then print in the usual way??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TF TF is offline

I used a utility called PrintFolder Pro. This does more than just print a
list of files in a folder. It allows you to select a list to output and save
it as a text or HTML file with active URLs. However this may be a bit more
than you need. See it at http://no-nonsense-software.com/printfolder/

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Diana Wyant" Diana wrote in message
:I am trying to print a list of the directories and contents set up on my
PC.
: I have tried pressing the Prt Scr button and also ALT + Prt Scr.
: Alternatively, can I highlight the list and copy it to a word document and
: then print in the usual way??
:

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
BK BK is offline

I used to use the "other shortcuts" in Outlook as described in your first
link below. That does not seem to be an available option in Outlook 2003.
Is there some other workaround???

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TF TF is offline

Unfortunately, that was one of the backwards steps in Outlook 2003! It was
one of the reasons I adopted PrintFolders Pro!

Terry

"BK" wrote in message
:I used to use the "other shortcuts" in Outlook as described in your first
: link below. That does not seem to be an available option in Outlook 2003.
: Is there some other workaround???
:
:
:
: "Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote in message
: ...
: See the article "How can I print a list of My Documents, or the contents
: of any folder?" at:
:
: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/PrintDocList.htm
:
: or "How to get the names of all the folders in the folder tree, starting
: from a specified folder" at:
:
: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...sIntoArray.htm
:
: and "Insert into a document the names of all files in a selected folder"
: at:
:
: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...tFileNames.htm
:
:
:
:
: --
: Hope this helps.
:
: Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
: services on a paid consulting basis.
:
: Doug Robbins - Word MVP
:
: "Diana Wyant" Diana wrote in message
: ...
: I am trying to print a list of the directories and contents set up on my
: PC.
: I have tried pressing the Prt Scr button and also ALT + Prt Scr.
: Alternatively, can I highlight the list and copy it to a word document
: and
: then print in the usual way??
:
:
:
:
:

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
BK BK is offline

Now I remember why I get so frustrated with upgrades!!!

"BK" wrote in message
[...]

print out a list of info in mail merge? Margie Microsoft Word Help 3 June 26th 06 04:12 AM
Auto add Name & date to a document save name Philgr New Users 6 May 21st 06 05:54 PM
File naming specifications / Invalid file name HRM Microsoft Word Help 3 October 17th 05 10:35 PM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
how do i convert bmp,tiff file to rtf in word to print labels fro. db1 Microsoft Word Help 3 December 14th 04 03:14 PM