Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Nancy Nancy is offline

Default How do I activate "Dictionary" on my tool bar?

I have put "Dictionary" and "View Codes" on my Tool Bar in Word, but they are
not activated. How do I get them to work.

I've been a died in the wool Word Perfect user for years mainly because of
the "reveal codes" and all the tools. I'm trying to switch to Word 2003,
but some of these features I can not get to work. Thanks

I have Windows XP & Office Small Business Edition 2003
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

"Nancy" wrote in message
I have put "Dictionary" and "View Codes" on my Tool Bar in Word, but they
are
not activated. How do I get them to work.

I've been a died in the wool Word Perfect user for years mainly because of
the "reveal codes" and all the tools. I'm trying to switch to Word 2003,
but some of these features I can not get to work. Thanks

I have Windows XP & Office Small Business Edition 2003

I too was a dedicated WordPerfect user for years (the early DOS versions)
and before that even (arguably) the first word processor -- Electric Pencil
(in 1976, who remembers that one?). Anyway, the point of this reply is Hang
In There! I changed over to Word and am beginning to love it. It is much
more complicated than WordPercfect and has many powerful and some very
subtle features. It must have been developed by a team, and like all teams
there have been some (but not many) apparent liaison problems. Anyway, this
newsgroup is becoming famous for really good info. You'll soon learn who the
real helpers are. Stick with Word and stay here, and all will become clearer
by the day! Good luck.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TF TF is offline

Try this article for starters:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/WordVsWordPerfect.htm

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

:
: I've been a died in the wool Word Perfect user for years mainly because of
: the "reveal codes" and all the tools. I'm trying to switch to Word 2003,
: but some of these features I can not get to work. Thanks
:
: I have Windows XP & Office Small Business Edition 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Presumably you are referring to "View Field Codes"? This is helpful only if
you have field codes in the document; if you haven't inserted any fields,
there is nothing to see. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/RevealCodes.htm