Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Colleen Colleen is offline

Default character before just one auto number

Hi. I can't figure out how to put a star in front of one number. ie. 1.
2. 3. *4. 5. 6. Is there some way to do this? Thanks! Colleen.

--
Colleen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Or, if this is a short numbered list, it might be easier to type the
numbers (and the asterisk).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Only with a text box or some other floating object.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Colleen" wrote in message

Hi. I can't figure out how to put a star in front of one number.

ie. 1.
2. 3. *4. 5. 6. Is there some way to do this? Thanks! Colleen.

--
Colleen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Colleen Colleen is offline

Thanks for your help Suzanne and Stefan. I think for now I will just
manually type the * and numbers as it is a short list, but I am going
to try the text box/floating object as well to see if that works for
future. Colleen.

Colleen Wrote:
Hi. I can't figure out how to put a star in front of one number. ie. 1.
2. 3. *4. 5. 6. Is there some way to do this? Thanks! Colleen.

--
Colleen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You are welcome, and thank you for the feedback.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Colleen Wrote:
Hi. I can't figure out how to put a star in front of one number.

ie. 1.
2. 3. *4. 5. 6. Is there some way to do this? Thanks! Colleen.

--
Colleen

How do I set up an auto number on a Word Form? artemis1027 Microsoft Word Help 3 June 28th 06 08:40 PM
International Keyboard mike New Users 2 January 23rd 06 12:41 AM
AUTO NUMBER CARDS 2005-1...2005-1000 DeeDer Microsoft Word Help 5 August 7th 05 04:03 AM
How do I insert chapter number with page number in footer? Joan Microsoft Word Help 4 May 9th 05 04:00 PM
How to set number of spaces per "TAB CHARACTER" Little_Jimmy Microsoft Word Help 2 November 25th 04 12:12 AM