Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lindalou lindalou is offline

Default track changes--keep the balloon from appearing when cursor is over

Word 2007. When I let my mouse cursor stay over added text for more than a
few seconds, a rectangular balloon or bubble or whatever you want to call it
suddenly appears with all the text I have typed in at that spot. Not only is
this stupid, because the text is right in front of my eyes until this balloon
hides part of it, but it is extremely irritating because I want to use my
cursor to track as I am reading or to highlight words I am thinking of
deleting.

How do I keep this balloon from appearing? I have made every change I can
think of in Review, but nothing there changes anything.

Thank you for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?bGluZGFsb3U=?=,

Word 2007. When I let my mouse cursor stay over added text for more than a
few seconds, a rectangular balloon or bubble or whatever you want to call it
suddenly appears with all the text I have typed in at that spot. Not only is
this stupid, because the text is right in front of my eyes until this balloon
hides part of it, but it is extremely irritating because I want to use my
cursor to track as I am reading or to highlight words I am thinking of
deleting.

How do I keep this balloon from appearing? I have made every change I can
think of in Review, but nothing there changes anything.

Go to the Word Options, choose the Display tab. Uncheck "Show document tooltips
on hover". But note this will also suppress Comments and similar things.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)