Dave

Default MS Office Assistant stops repsonding.

I have a user who's MS Office Assitant stops responding. When he activates
it, Clippy appears for a second and then disappers. When I then goto Help-
Hide Assistant. I get a message that says "The Office Assistant has stopped
responding. To display the asistant again, click 'Show the Office Assistant'
on the 'Help' menu. I tried reinstalling MS Office but that didn't resolve
the issue. Office Asistant used to work on this PC. The Office Update also
hangs butI don't know if this is related to the problem.
catgal

I'm a user with this same problem, except I use the cat instead of Clippy.
Everything worked fine till last week. Besides reinstalling MS Office, I've
also tried System Restore to a date when the OA was still working. No dice.

When I toggle the show/hide button, sometimes the OA will flash for an
instant, but then it disappears. I've grown quite accustomed to having my
office "pet" curled up and sleeping in the corner of my screen, so now I miss
him! Hope someone comes up with a solution soon.