Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Siuan Siuan is offline

Default custom dictionaries...creating and associating

I am an author of fantasy fiction and would like to be able to associate
particualar documents with specific dictionaries. I know from reading some of
the posts that a costom dictionary would be great for me since all my made up
words, names and such wouldn't be clogging my "normal" dictionary.

However, I have had a couple of strokes and have a great deal of trouble
with sorting through the wealth of information out there. If someone could be
so kind as to point me in the right direction, or at least let me know if
what I am thinking of is possible, I would be most appreciative.

What I need is a specific dictionary (or more than one) that can be
attatched to a group of documents. Also: How do I make sure that the words
are entered into the appropriate dictionary.

Thanks for your concideration.

--
Siuan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

You don't say what version of Word you have, and the procedure is a little
different for each one, but look at the Spelling & Grammar tab of Tools |
Options. You'll see something there about custom dictionaries. In Word 2003
there's a Custom Dictionariess... button you can click on. In the resulting
dialog, there is a New... button that allows you to create a new custom
dictionary, as well as an Add... button that allows you to add a dictionary
you've already created (a text file created in Notepad, for example). You
can have as many dictionaries loaded as you want, but you have to select
which one you want to be the default. Whichever is the default is the one to
which new words will be added. You can change the default at any time, so
you could select a different default for each book or story (and unload the
unneeded dictionaries if you like).