Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] bitonti@gmail.com is offline

Default Track Changes Prompt

I have a group of users all using MS word with track changes - one
machine when the user tries to save the doc with pending changes
outstanding gets a prompt "there are pending changes in this doc would
you like to continue save?" options are ok cancel and tell me more -
tell me more brings up the generic word help article about track
changes. Only one user out of my group has this problem, all the other
users are fine.

My question is how to turn off this prompt? Is there a setting in tools
-- options i am missing?

thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Hi bitonti

What version of Word are you using? I'm assuming Word 2003.

I think the one user is lucky: he or she is being warned that the document
contains comments and tracked changes (including, for example, text that has
been deleted). The warning may prevent this user from accidentally sending
that old, superseded, possibly inappropriate, information outside your
company.

The other users have a problem. They are receiving no warning that they risk
releasing inappropriation information. To fix their problem, do Tools
Options Security. Tick "Warn before printing, saving or sending a file
that contains tracked changes or comments".

Of course some people prefer to leave that box un-ticked. As Amazon might
say, people who bought that idea also removed the batteries from their smoke
alarmg.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word