Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robbo69 Robbo69 is offline

Default Track changes - want comments only to show; reopening doc all show

Hi

I want only comments to show but when I close then reopen my docs, all track
changes categories automatically show. I then need to go through every doc
one by one turning off the unwanted info. As I'm often working with 15 or
more docs at a time it's a big waste of time. How do I get Word to remember
my 'show track changes' settings?

Any help greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?Um9iYm82OQ==?=,

I want only comments to show but when I close then reopen my docs, all track
changes categories automatically show. I then need to go through every doc
one by one turning off the unwanted info. As I'm often working with 15 or
more docs at a time it's a big waste of time. How do I get Word to remember
my 'show track changes' settings?

Nothing built into Word, you'd need a macro. For example:

Sub AutoOpen()
ActiveDocument.ShowRevisions = True
ActiveDocument.ActiveWindow.View.ShowComments = True
ActiveDocument.ActiveWindow.View.ShowInsertionsAnd Deletions = False
ActiveDocument.ActiveWindow.View.ShowFormatChanges = False
End Sub

If you put this in your Normal.dot template, it will execute for every document
you open (except for documents that already have an AutoOpen). Or, you could
put it in a common template for a set of documents.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robbo69 Robbo69 is offline

Default Track changes - want comments only to show; reopening doc all

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?Um9iYm82OQ==?=,

[...]

Many thanks - perfect