CarlSprake

Default Combine simplex and duplex print

Is there a way to combine simplex and duplex printing within the same document?

I have a document and I want to print the first x pages in simplex mode,
then the remaining as duplex. In the first x pages I could just insert blank
pages but I do not want word to number the blank pages.

Is there any way I can program word so that, in the first section, if the
text starts to flow onto an even numbered page it automatically jumps onto
the next odd page and the intervening blank page is not numbered?

Hope that all makes sense
Graham Mayor

If your printer accepts PCL commands, you may be able to use a PRINT field.
A PRINT field is simply a type of field that allows you to send instructions
directly to the printer.

There are 3 possible data values for duplex setting: PRINT 27"&l0S" simplex
PRINT 27"&l1S" vertical duplex . PRINT 27"&l2S" horizontal duplex
(bookformat)

The codes after PRINT are 27 (escape), double quote, ampersand, lowercase L,
0, 1 or 2, uppercase S and finally terminated with a double quote.

Thus for horizontal duplex you would insert the following field :
{ PRINT 27"&l2S" }

CarlSprake wrote:
Is there a way to combine simplex and duplex printing within the same
document?

I have a document and I want to print the first x pages in simplex
mode,
then the remaining as duplex. In the first x pages I could just
insert blank pages but I do not want word to number the blank pages.

Is there any way I can program word so that, in the first section, if
the
text starts to flow onto an even numbered page it automatically jumps
onto
the next odd page and the intervening blank page is not numbered?

Hope that all makes sense

CarlSprake

Thanks Graham. This does seem to help, although I can't seem to get it to
work properly. If I have a four page document, where I want all pages to be
portrait and where I want the first two pages to be simplex with pages 3 and
4 duplex, where would I insert the PRINT field code? (in line with the text,
in the header of a new section?)

Thanks again for your help with this

Carl

CarlSprake wrote:
Is there a way to combine simplex and duplex printing within the same
document?

I have a document and I want to print the first x pages in simplex
mode,
then the remaining as duplex. In the first x pages I could just
insert blank pages but I do not want word to number the blank pages.

Is there any way I can program word so that, in the first section, if
the
text starts to flow onto an even numbered page it automatically jumps
onto
the next odd page and the intervening blank page is not numbered?

Hope that all makes sense

Graham Mayor

I suspect that you should put it in the text area at the start of the third
page, though you could try it in the document header e.g.
{IF {Page} 2 "{ PRINT 27"&l2S" }"}. Unfortunately I don't have access to a
duplex printer to verify.