LBinDC

Default Headings and Table of Contents

I have headings that are on two lines in the body of my document, such as:

Article I.
Formation of LLC

I mark this as Heading I, and it appears on two separate lines in the Table
of Contents. But I prefer that it be on one line in the TOC itself, like
this:

Article I. Formation of LLC............................................... 1

How can I accomplish this without changing the body of document so that it's
all on one line? Thanks.

Have you actually tested this? Unless you add a switch to cause it to do
otherwise, Word will convert a line break in a heading to a space in the
TOC. Of course, if you're separating the two lines of your heading with a
paragraph break instead of a line break...

"LBinDC" wrote in message
I have headings that are on two lines in the body of my document, such as:

Article I.
Formation of LLC

I mark this as Heading I, and it appears on two separate lines in the

Table
of Contents. But I prefer that it be on one line in the TOC itself, like
this:

Article I. Formation of

LLC............................................... 1

How can I accomplish this without changing the body of document so that

it's
all on one line? Thanks.

LBinDC

Yes, that was it. I've converted it to line breaks from paragraph breaks and
it worked like a charm. Thanks so much.

"LBinDC" wrote in message
I have headings that are on two lines in the body of my document, such as:

Article I.
Formation of LLC

I mark this as Heading I, and it appears on two separate lines in the

Table
of Contents. But I prefer that it be on one line in the TOC itself, like
this:

Article I. Formation of

How can I accomplish this without changing the body of document so that

it's
all on one line? Thanks.

Merge field in table of contents Richard Eggleton Mailmerge 0 February 2nd 05 12:12 AM
table of contents in thesis SSL New Users 1 January 9th 05 10:56 PM
table of contents Tom G. Tables 9 December 23rd 04 07:46 AM
How do I format my Table of Contents to have hyperlinks? fadeout Microsoft Word Help 3 December 13th 04 10:21 PM
Repeating Table headings with "Continued" scottkinsey Tables 4 November 10th 04 06:04 PM