Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
katiesue katiesue is offline

Default Word 2007 margins (1 inch) don't show on ruler

I am working on a document that someone else created. Although the margins
are set for 1 inch (which should give me 6.5 inches of white ruler surrounded
by shaded blue ruler on either side), the ruler shows only 5.25 inches of
white space, and my left alignment icons (triangles) are way over in the
shaded area. It's making formatting some paragraphs tedious because something
is happening that I can't seem to control. How can I get the white part of
the ruler to match the 6.5 inches of workable page.

I have tried cutting and pasting the entire document into a new file, and
although when I open the new file, the ruler looks as I want it to, the
minute I paste the new text, it all reverts back to what I want to remove.
HELP!

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
katiesue katiesue is offline

I figured it out myself. Went into Page Setup again in the "bad" file and saw
that the gutter was set to 1-inch. Open a new file, and saw that the gutter
was set to 0. I reset the gutter to 0 (which skewed everything to the left)
then grabbed the left alignment triangles and pulled them back to the 0
position, and ALL was well!