Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gino Gino is offline

Default Different Header for Each Chapter

Hi! Hope someone can provide some direction/guidance. I'm writing a
reference book for a software application, using Word 2003 for Windows, and I
would like the header in each chapter to reflect that chapter's name, while
the page numbering would continue uninterrupted. So, for instance, the
header for Chapter 2 would say "Chapter 2: xxxx xxxxxx xx xxxxxx", and the
page numbering would just continue on from the previous chapter. I would
imagine I need to accomplish this somehow through section breaks, but I can't
figure out how to do that without affecting the page numbering at the same
time.

Thanks in advance!
--
Gino