Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pafwilson Pafwilson is offline

Default CHINESE PRC - EDITING

I have found out how to input Chinese characters and find the system quite
easy to use, including scrolling through the options for each pinyin "word",
including the impressive context-sensitive mechanism which surmises which
character is appropriate. I then change the one or two in each sentence to
the correct character while the sentence is still underlined with the dotted
line and one is still in input mode. However, once one has pressed ENTER at
the end of this process, and one still wants to change a character that is
wrong, I can't seem to return to that mode again, and seem to have to delete
the incorrect character and start again.

I wanted to know if there is an easy way to reenter the "input/edit" mode
again, with the dotted line underneath, in order to scroll through Chinese
characters still there that one might want to change. It would be quicker
than deleting and reentering text.

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

How would Word know how far back you want to change characters? If you
select 20 characters to get to the one you want, wouldn't you have to
retype 20, not 1, characters?