Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Geebz Geebz is offline

Default associate doc file to word 2007

I am working on Microsoft Vista edition and just installed Microsoft Office
2007. I would like to associate the .doc file to automatically open with
Word 2007 but I am unable to do this. Whenever I browse to select the Word
2007 file it does not work. Also if I try to right-click on a file and tell
it to open with I am unable to choose Word 2007. I would like to
automatically be able to open the files without first having to open Word
2007 and then opening the file. I need to keep them saved as a .doc so I can
share with others. Please help!!!
--
LMH
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Open Word and from Word Options, Resource tab, run the Diagnostics.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP