asif

Default Auto Text / email signature in Word 2003

Using XP Pro, Office 2003,
Is it possible to use my email signatures in Word docuements. I use these
signatures quite frequently in my letters. I have unsuccessfully tried to Add
an Auto text entry with email signatures. It would be nice to have a button
in toolbar to click and get the signature inserted in Word document.

TIA.
Shauna Kelly

Hi

You can control your email signatures in Word at Tools Options General
E-mail Options E-mail Signature tab. But there's no particularly easy way
to choose an Outlook Outlook signature to add to a Word document.

The easiest way is to create a Word AutoText for each signature. Type your
signature into a Word document (it can include any formatting or pictures
you like). Select it. Insert AutoText AutoText. Give it an appropriate
name and click OK. Repeat as necessary for your various signatures.

To create a new toolbar, choose Tools Customize. On the Toolbars tab,
click New and give your toolbar a name. You've still got the Customize
dialog open, right? On the Commands tab, in the Categories box, choose
AutoText. From the Commands list, drag your AutoText to your new toolbar.
When you're finished, click Close on the Customize dialog.

Since you didn't tell Word anything different, it will save these entries in
normal.dot. So if you exit Word and you're asked to save normal.dot, say
yes.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word