monica7736

Default can't scroll in Word 95

I used to have Windows NT with Word 95 on it and I could use my wheel
mouse to scroll inside a document. Now I have Windows XP with Word 95
and cannot scroll inside the document window. Before you say "upgrade
Word", I am a tech support person and have to have this old version
because it is what our company is on for a number of reasons.

So, since I have to maintain document templates, etc in this old Word
version, I am going crazy not being able to scroll inside the document!
I have tried changing the settings in control panel for the mouse and
this has not worked. I am able to scroll in IE, Outlook, Excel, etc.
Any ideas?

I appreciate any feedback you can give me.

--
monica7736
Anne Troy

If I recall correctly, wheel mice required special software back then.
Perhaps Word requires this special software be installed to understand the
wheel's behavior...but of course, I'm not sure and haven't had Word 95 in...
a long time!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

. ..