Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Realtor Tim

Default Mail Merge

How do I add "home phone" to the insert merge field? ( I am creating a
directory and am at the 'More Items" prompt in the wizard. I see home 2
phone, but not home phone. I am able to add the mobile phone (when will they
change that moniker to CELL?) .
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

See http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm
Why should it be changed to CELL - Mobile Phone is a perfectly adequate
description?

Realtor Tim wrote:
How do I add "home phone" to the insert merge field? ( I am creating a
directory and am at the 'More Items" prompt in the wizard. I see home
2 phone, but not home phone. I am able to add the mobile phone (when
will they change that moniker to CELL?) .

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Realtor Tim

I can live with mobile, just like I can live with "CC" which I originally
understood to mean "Carbon Copy". My children don't know what carbon paper is.
I live in a skewed world. My desktop is office 2002, and my laptop is 2003.
The images on your document appear to be from 2003. In 2002 can I get to the
home phone field? Or do I need to get to 2003? I never have been clear on the
licensing issues. Can I install my 2003 on both my desktop and my laptop? I
only use one at a time.

Realtor Tim wrote:
How do I add "home phone" to the insert merge field? ( I am creating a
directory and am at the 'More Items" prompt in the wizard. I see home
2 phone, but not home phone. I am able to add the mobile phone (when
will they change that moniker to CELL?) .

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Realtor Tim

I got it to work in 2002 by attacking from within Outlook rather than Word.
Between your fine help page and following all of the linked pages (I think I
read thru 4 or 5 of them) I was able to see the light. Thank you. It wasn't
easy, and it wasn't fun, but it was worthwhile. In 2002 word, I still can not
see home_phone as an option to add in the insert field drop downs. However as
i have it displayed in my current view of Outlook in contacts, when I do mail
merge from within outlook, behold, the home phone comes across.

Realtor Tim wrote:
How do I add "home phone" to the insert merge field? ( I am creating a
directory and am at the 'More Items" prompt in the wizard. I see home
2 phone, but not home phone. I am able to add the mobile phone (when
will they change that moniker to CELL?) .

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

You can install Office 2003 on both your machines if it is a retail copy.
OEM versions are licensed only for the PC on which it is installed. The
images on my web site have been updated to Office 2003, but I recall that
the changes are few and you get all the fields including user fields if you
merge from Outlook rather than Word.

Realtor Tim wrote:
How do I add "home phone" to the insert merge field? ( I am
creating a directory and am at the 'More Items" prompt in the
wizard. I see home 2 phone, but not home phone. I am able to add
the mobile phone (when will they change that moniker to CELL?) .

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Actually I find this a tad puzzling as I checked the old Outlook filter from
Word and it does offer the HOME_PHONE field also HOME_PHONE_2 and HOME_FAX
as well as your favourite MOBILE_PHONE

Maybe the implementation in Office 2002 was not as complete?