Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Marilyn Marilyn is offline

Default Cant Paste PDF file as Icon

Hello,

I use to be able to drag and drop PDF files onto my Word documents and they
would come in as an ICON, however, when I do it now I can see the pages
pasted onto the Word document. Is there a setting that enables and disables
this feature?

Thank you for your help,
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TedMi[_2_] TedMi[_2_] is offline

Instead of drag-and-drop, use Insert, Object, Create from File, check
"Display as Icon", and browse to your PDF.
-TedMi

"Marilyn" wrote in message
Hello,

I use to be able to drag and drop PDF files onto my Word documents and
they
would come in as an ICON, however, when I do it now I can see the pages
pasted onto the Word document. Is there a setting that enables and
disables
this feature?

Thank you for your help,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Marilyn Marilyn is offline

Thank you for your reply Ted, it's much appreciated. Yes, I can get around
the issue by doing a Paste Special, but I use to be able to drag and drop the
files and it would display as icon. I'm wondering what could have changed in
my system that prevents this from happening.

"Marilyn" wrote in message
Hello,

I use to be able to drag and drop PDF files onto my Word documents and
they
would come in as an ICON, however, when I do it now I can see the pages
pasted onto the Word document. Is there a setting that enables and
disables
this feature?

Thank you for your help,

Office Word 2003 - Copy and paste a file to Word as an icon mikeehere Microsoft Word Help 2 December 4th 08 03:03 PM
Little Annoying Paste Icon Pat[_2_] New Users 3 July 31st 07 11:56 PM
Word 2002 paste PDF as picture (or object) shows icon, not file? Anita H. Microsoft Word Help 2 May 15th 07 08:58 PM
lost paste icon Simon New Users 2 January 6th 06 10:21 PM
i get an icon when i try to copy and paste into word jbwireless57 Microsoft Word Help 2 September 18th 05 05:06 PM