Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
drom drom is offline

Default Shading on form text fields

I have set up several protected forms in Word 2007. I used the Legacy Text
Form Field boxes for information to be entered. Then the form is protected
so the user can tab thru easily. The shading is staying after the info has
been entered into the form. I tried clicking the Form Field Shading button
but that eliminates the shading from the FORM box too.

Before, on Word 2000, it was gray before anything was entered. After the
data is entered it was no longer shaded. How can I get back to that in Word
2007?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi drom,

You are mistaken in your recollection of how Word 2000 works - the Form Field Shading is either on or off and stays that way
regardless of whether anything has been entered into the formfield.

--
Cheers
macropod