Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PeterHS PeterHS is offline

Default Word 2007 Checkbox placement in text

L.s,

In a standard document I want to insert a checkbox in a textline.
The hight of the textline is 12pt, when i insert the checkbox the hight wil
get bigger (even I set the font for the checkbox as 10 pt). When a make the
checkbox hight 12pt, the text with the chekbox is cliped.

A tried different allignments en set all margens to 0, but no luck.

I know that I can place the checkbox "on the page margins" instead of "in
the text line" (hope i translated fine to English). But I want to place it in
the textline so it will move with the text when lines ar added.

Does anyone know how to fix this

Manny thanks

Peter Willems
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Set a fixed line spacing for the paragraph where you've inserted the check
box. Some trial and error might be necessary to find the appropriate amount.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"PeterHS" wrote in message
L.s,

In a standard document I want to insert a checkbox in a textline.
The hight of the textline is 12pt, when i insert the checkbox the hight
wil
get bigger (even I set the font for the checkbox as 10 pt). When a make
the
checkbox hight 12pt, the text with the chekbox is cliped.

A tried different allignments en set all margens to 0, but no luck.

I know that I can place the checkbox "on the page margins" instead of "in
the text line" (hope i translated fine to English). But I want to place it
in
the textline so it will move with the text when lines ar added.

Does anyone know how to fix this

Manny thanks

Peter Willems

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PeterHS PeterHS is offline

Stefan,

Thanks for your answer, but that won't work.

I set de line space 12pt (font 10 pt) and the font for the checkbox also 10pt.
The checkbox won't fit neat in the line, the text in the box is lower then
"the box you can mark". When I make the checkbox 12pt high (like the line)
the text is only half showing (upper half). I expirimented with all the
alignments but couldn't fix it. Also looked for some marging settings for the
text in the checkbox but couldn't find it.

Do you have some other clue?

Peter

"PeterHS" wrote in message
L.s,

In a standard document I want to insert a checkbox in a textline.
The hight of the textline is 12pt, when i insert the checkbox the hight
wil
get bigger (even I set the font for the checkbox as 10 pt). When a make
the
checkbox hight 12pt, the text with the chekbox is cliped.

A tried different allignments en set all margens to 0, but no luck.

I know that I can place the checkbox "on the page margins" instead of "in
the text line" (hope i translated fine to English). But I want to place it
in
the textline so it will move with the text when lines ar added.

Does anyone know how to fix this

Manny thanks

Peter Willems

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Is this the ActiveX control rather than the simple check box form field?
Then you're right; it may not suffice to change the line spacing of text.
But note that you can get text next to the check mark by typing a caption in
the ActiveX control properties.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"PeterHS" wrote in message
L.s,

In a standard document I want to insert a checkbox in a textline.
The hight of the textline is 12pt, when i insert the checkbox the hight
wil
get bigger (even I set the font for the checkbox as 10 pt). When a make
the
checkbox hight 12pt, the text with the chekbox is cliped.

A tried different allignments en set all margens to 0, but no luck.

I know that I can place the checkbox "on the page margins" instead of
"in
the text line" (hope i translated fine to English). But I want to place
it
in
the textline so it will move with the text when lines ar added.

Does anyone know how to fix this

Manny thanks

Peter Willems

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PeterHS PeterHS is offline

Yes I use the ActiveX version, because I then don't have to fuz with
protection and the problem that when protection is turned off/on all the
entry's are gone.

The caption text is the problem. When font is 10pt en I set the height for
the line and the ActiveX at 12pt the caption text is cliped and the box you
mark is at the top off the line, not centered. This looks strange.

Peter