Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Karen Karen is offline

Default Insert New Page

I have a document (created in Word 2003) and I inserted a few pictures (from
file) into page one. Whenever I click in the document the cursor places
itself above all of the images. The cursor will not place at the bottom of
the page. I want to insert a new page (page 2) €“ How do I do this?

Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Two possibilities:

1. Press Enter, then Ctrl+Enter (the trivial solution).

2. Click on each picture, which will display the Picture toolbar; click on
the Text Wrapping button (dog icon) and change the wrapping style to In Line
With Text. This will put each picture in a normal text paragraph (you may
need to press Enter between them to put each in its own paragraph), making
it easier to add text below them.

"Karen" wrote in message
I have a document (created in Word 2003) and I inserted a few pictures

(from
file) into page one. Whenever I click in the document the cursor places
itself above all of the images. The cursor will not place at the bottom

of
the page. I want to insert a new page (page 2) €“ How do I do this?

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Karen Karen is offline

Thank you for your help Suzanne - When I press Ctrl+Enter, it shifts all of
the images to the 2nd page and the 1st page is empty. The other solution
doesn't work either. Any other suggestions?
Thanks again, Karen

"Karen" wrote in message
I have a document (created in Word 2003) and I inserted a few pictures

(from
file) into page one. Whenever I click in the document the cursor places
itself above all of the images. The cursor will not place at the bottom

of
the page. I want to insert a new page (page 2) €“ How do I do this?

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Your pictures are anchored to the first paragraph in the document. When you
press Enter, you insert a new paragraph. This is the part I forgot: the
anchors move to the second paragraph. You have to drag the anchors to the
first paragraph, then press Ctrl+Enter between the two paragraphs to get a
new page. But option 2 should definitely work; if your pictures are inline,
then they should behave just like any other text.

news

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Two possibilities:

1. Press Enter, then Ctrl+Enter (the trivial solution).

2. Click on each picture, which will display the Picture toolbar; click

on
the Text Wrapping button (dog icon) and change the wrapping style to In

Line
With Text. This will put each picture in a normal text paragraph (you

may
need to press Enter between them to put each in its own paragraph),

making
it easier to add text below them.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.