Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Wanda Wanda is offline

Default How can I update all fields in Word 2007?

In Word 2003, I used to be able to Select All (Ctrl-A), then right-click
anywhere and choose Update Field - and that would update all my
cross-references in the document, including Tables of Contents and Figures.
How can I do the same in Word 2007? (the former keystrokes don't work).
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Update Field may not be on the context menu depending on what, exactly, is
included in the selection. However, Ctrl+A and then F9 will update all
fields in the main body of the document.

Note that switching to Print Preview and then back to your favorite view is
also helpful, as this forces a repagination of the document.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Wanda" wrote in message
In Word 2003, I used to be able to Select All (Ctrl-A), then right-click
anywhere and choose Update Field - and that would update all my
cross-references in the document, including Tables of Contents and
Figures.
How can I do the same in Word 2007? (the former keystrokes don't work).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ChrisP ChrisP is offline

CTRL-A to select all then F9 to update fields.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement