#1   Report Post  

Default inserted file identity

Many of my .doc files contain inserted illustrations. Sometimes I want to make a change to these illustrations but can't remember the name of the file (typically a .jpg file) that was inserted. How can I find out?
  #2   Report Post  

Hi!
Try to use a searching program
  #3   Report Post  

Unfortunately, unless they were inserted as a link, it wont be possible to locate the original file via word at least.

You can use the operating system search function to search for specific types of file though. If you know the files are .jpg's you can search for files using this as a search term. You might want to fiddle with search file sizes to modify the amount of items returned. I.e only searching for files bigger than 10kb.

On the results screen, you can use the "view" menu to "show thumbnails" which will help. It will take some time and patience though.

Alternatively, can you not just (right click) copy the pictures from your word document and paste into a imaging program (i.e paint) and save each one seperately?

Hope this helps,
Al