Lee Sallows Lee Sallows is offline
Junior Member

Default inserted file identity

Many of my .doc files contain inserted illustrations. Sometimes I want to make a change to these illustrations but can't remember the name of the file (typically a .jpg file) that was inserted. How can I find out?
NicolaTez NicolaTez is offline
Junior Member

Hi!
Try to use a searching program
Big_Al Big_Al is offline
Junior Member

Location: Bristol UK

Unfortunately, unless they were inserted as a link, it wont be possible to locate the original file via word at least.

You can use the operating system search function to search for specific types of file though. If you know the files are .jpg's you can search for files using this as a search term. You might want to fiddle with search file sizes to modify the amount of items returned. I.e only searching for files bigger than 10kb.

On the results screen, you can use the "view" menu to "show thumbnails" which will help. It will take some time and patience though.

Alternatively, can you not just (right click) copy the pictures from your word document and paste into a imaging program (i.e paint) and save each one seperately?

Hope this helps,
Al

Clarity of the inserted PDF file Chandra Reddy[_2_] Microsoft Word Help 4 November 2nd 09 11:55 AM
Excel file inserted into a word file - text within shape won't pr. cathym Microsoft Word Help 0 July 14th 09 02:53 PM
track changes reviewer identity jengenoveva Microsoft Word Help 6 January 22nd 07 02:34 AM
Inserted file Ruth Microsoft Word Help 1 May 30th 06 09:59 AM
Inserted file changes to Email Mickey Microsoft Word Help 1 March 28th 06 01:18 AM