dabrams dabrams is offline
Junior Member

Default Combining Individual Reports into One Report

I'm responsible for compiling monthly management reports; that is, I collect different sub-reports from all of the team members and combine them into one report.
Each member reports on a different topic. The topics are arranged numerically (outline style).
I sent to each member a Word file displaying the Topic Title they are meant to report about.
When I receive the reports, I have to manually organize them according the the TOC.
Can somebody be kind enough to recommend a way I can somehow automate this process? Is there someway I can tell Word to remember to insert all of John's comments in these areas of the monthly report, and remember to insert all of Jill's comments into other areas? Is there a way I can tell Word to "pair up" the contents of each member's file and automatically place them into the final report?
Thanks so much for your assistance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What you describe does sound difficult to do without manual intervention...

However, a macro may be able to automate the process, assuming that
there is a way to predict that "subreport A goes into location X of the
document" and so on.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP