Brad Hays

Default New problem - merge Word 2002 and Access 2002 par query

I have read many posts concerning the challenge using an MS Access parameter
query within an MS Word document. My merge document worked fine until we had
a problem with the Access database was placed in a different location. Now I
can't get the link to work - at first I couldn't "find" the appropriate
query. I followed the following advice and can now find the query but it
won't work:

From the Tools menu in Word, select Options and then go to the General tab
and check the box against Confirm Conversions at Open and then when you
attach the data source, use DDE as the connection method.

When Access attempts to load an error message pops up and says that Word was
unable to complete the DDE connection.

The Access database is in a 2000 format but being run in Access 2002.

Any further advice on this issue?

Thanks for the great advice I have already read.