Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
WinkinVan WinkinVan is offline

Default Font Changing Colour on Its Own?!?

Hi there and Happy Easter,

I'm using WORD 2002 with XP SP2 on a 3 year old Compaq laptop.

Last night I went to bed and everything was operating normally. This morning
I got up, took the machine out of suspended mode and discovered that somehow
the font for Normal.dot had changed from black to gray (it was noted as the
"Automatic" colour when I opened "Format", "Font"). As near as I can tell,
this change has been included on every document I've ever created!

Interestingly, I store all of my data on a "network server" -- ie a PC that
is connected to the laptop wirelessly. So Normal.dot isn't even on the same
computer as the stored WORD documents.

I have no idea what happened and worse yet I have no idea how to fix it for
documents that have been created in the past -- other than to do it manually
for each document that comes up. I have fixed the problem moving forward by
saving changes on Normal.dot.

Does anyone have any ideas on this one?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Regards,
Bill
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Bill,

Did you by any chance change your Windows color theme or enable the High contrast settings (Control Panel=Accessibility)?

The 'Automatic' color comes from changing your Windows Display Appearance 'Message Box' color setting.

==============================

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
WinkinVan WinkinVan is offline

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your quick response.

I didn't do anything related to settings - particularly with respect to
"Themes." As I say, the font default seems to have changed on its own.

Any other ideas?

Regards,
Bill

"WinkinVan" wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Bill,

Were you able to check the properties of the current theme in Windows XP
(right click desktop then choose the Appearance tab, then Advanced to see what color 'message box' is set to? You may need to
reapply the Windows theme if it's become corrupted.

Also check in the control panel accessibility options.