Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
James[_4_] James[_4_] is offline

Default Why is my bulleted txt messed up and to the right in compatibility

Ok here is the situation. I am using Word 2007.I am trying to do a cover
letter. The fax program I use only can accept Word 97-2003 documents. The
problem is whenever I try to do bulleted text in Word 97-03 Mode, the first
letter of the line of text goes completely to the end of the line (To the
right) and then the rest of the sentence wraps underneath. Nearly the entire
line of the first line is blank for each bullet except for the last space
that has the first letter. I have tried over and over again. I have tried to
create the document natively in the 97-03 Format-no cigar. I have tried to
copy and paste bullets from an RTF file into it-no cigar. Does anyone have
any idea what could be going on here? I am thoroughly confused and baffled.
I am ready to break out my copy of office XP and forget about this. I never
had this trouble before.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

At what point does the alignment go wrong? When you insert the bullet? When
you save as Word 97-2003 format?

Most fax programs work by 'printing' the current application, so the format
shouldn't make any difference. What fax program is this and how are you
using it? If you have Windows XP then try installing the Windows Fax
application by re-running Windows set up from Control Panel Add or Remove
programs.

From your description it sounds as though you are trying to insert a bullet
at the wrong list level. Check the tiny down arrow at the right of the
bullet button.

If you are using a normal template converted from an earlier version, it may
help to rename the Word 2007 normal template and allow it to build a new
one.