Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Matthew[_4_] Matthew[_4_] is offline

Default Can you use Charts in a merge

I am running office 2007.

I have used merge loads of times on a basic level, getting the data
from XL and utting it into letters reports etc.

The question is can you use the data from the database to create a
chart for each record ?

Hope some one can help or point me in the right direction.

Matthew
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See the conversation at, e.g.

http://www.eggheadcafe.com/conversat...did=3462 3187

There may be better ways to do this that do not involve a merge (e.g.
build each chart in Excel programmatically and insert it into the output
document)

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk
Visit Londinium at http://www.ralphwatson.tv

Matthew wrote:
I am running office 2007.

I have used merge loads of times on a basic level, getting the data
from XL and utting it into letters reports etc.

The question is can you use the data from the database to create a
chart for each record ?

Hope some one can help or point me in the right direction.

Matthew

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Matthew[_4_] Matthew[_4_] is offline

On 18 Sep, 11:31, Peter Jamieson
wrote:
See the conversation at, e.g.

http://www.eggheadcafe.com/conversat...34640971&threa...

Matthew wrote:
I am running office 2007.

I have used merge loads of times on a basic level, getting the data
from XL and utting it into letters reports etc.

The question is can you use the data from the database to create a
chart for each record ?

Hope some one can help or point me in the right direction.

Matthew

Peter,

Thanks for responding!
I think having read the threads and searched around there is no easy
way and as I only have 100 odd reports I will do it the old fashioned
way. Get excell to print me all the charts and I will manualy stick
them in the reports. Should look nice with a 'special page' for the
reports I can se the boss going for that.

Regards

Matthew
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If you're willing to do 100 old-fashioned cuts-and-pastes, could be
easier to copy/paste one chart into Word and get it laid out how you
want, then repeat for the other hundred. With a bit of macro recording
and some find/replace you /might/ be able to make that a bit easier.

Charts in a mail merge Lisa@Pru Mailmerge 4 June 20th 09 12:05 AM
merge charts EBC Mailmerge 1 March 10th 06 07:10 PM
Charts within a mail merge... tegan3 Mailmerge 2 February 7th 06 03:00 PM
mail merge with excel charts Gareth Mailmerge 1 May 20th 05 02:10 PM
Mail Merge and Charts Mail Merge and Excel Charts Mailmerge 1 March 6th 05 06:40 PM