Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] JustA.MereUser@gmail.com is offline

Default Certain reviewer comments won't stay invisible

I'm using word 2003, and I used the review tool bar to turn off
visibility of a specific user's comments. However, it keeps turning
back on (and the check box for that user becomes rechecked). The user
whose comments keep becoming visible is the current user. Have many
people experienced this behaviour? Is there a way to prevent this
from happening? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

It is a default setting in Word to always display markup in Word when opening
or saving a document that contains markup. The idea is that you shouldn't
inadvertently send a document to someone else without noticing that it
contains comments and edits that you may not want the recipients to see.

You can turn off the setting: Click Tools | Options, Security tab. Clear the
"Make hidden markup visible when opening or saving" option. But note that
this won't prevent recipients from seeing (possible sensitive) edits and
comments.

See also
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...ngesWorks.html.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

" wrote:

I'm using word 2003, and I used the review tool bar to turn off
visibility of a specific user's comments. However, it keeps turning
back on (and the check box for that user becomes rechecked). The user
whose comments keep becoming visible is the current user. Have many
people experienced this behaviour? Is there a way to prevent this
from happening? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] JustA.MereUser@gmail.com is offline

Hi, Stefan,

I am neither opening nor saving when the reviewer's comments become
visible...

" wrote:
I'm using word 2003, and I used the review tool bar to turn off
visibility of a specific user's comments. However, it keeps
turning back on (and the check box for that user becomes
rechecked). The user whose comments keep becoming visible is the
current user. Have many people experienced this behaviour? Is
there a way to prevent this from happening? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Under what circumstances does it happen, then?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

" wrote:
I'm using word 2003, and I used the review tool bar to turn off
visibility of a specific user's comments. However, it keeps
turning back on (and the check box for that user becomes
rechecked). The user whose comments keep becoming visible is the
current user. Have many people experienced this behaviour? Is
there a way to prevent this from happening? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] JustA.MereUser@gmail.com is offline

I open the file to look at some reviewer comments. I turn off all
comments except for the reviewer of interest. This includes my own
comments as well as informative comments for the template I'm using.
I then start navigating the document by advancing through out, or
paging up. I don't even have to make any edits. Soon, all the
comments start to show again. When I look at the checkboxes for the
comments I disabled, they are checked again.