Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Starla Starla is offline

Default Mom's document is locked

I am trying to solve a problem for my mom who is an hour away. She said her
document is locked and she is not allowed to type. She does not have a trial
version, and she has activated it. She lives in a rural community and does
not have internet access. Any ideas on what is wrong and what she should do?
Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Starla,

What version of Word is your mom using?

Is she saving to the hard drive or a removable drive?

What is the exact error message she's getting and is only with the one document?

============
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom [Pepper] Willett[_2_] Tom [Pepper] Willett[_2_] is offline

If she doesn't have internet access, how did she activate it?

"Starla" wrote in message
:I am trying to solve a problem for my mom who is an hour away. She said
her
: document is locked and she is not allowed to type. She does not have a
trial
: version, and she has activated it. She lives in a rural community and
does
: not have internet access. Any ideas on what is wrong and what she should
do?
: Thanks!

Document Locked laureng Microsoft Word Help 1 August 21st 07 05:45 AM
my word is locked not on a document just locked jean Microsoft Word Help 2 June 5th 06 11:50 AM
Locked Document Sarah New Users 1 September 11th 05 11:34 PM
how do I change a diagram that seems locked (document not locked) Dorothy Microsoft Word Help 1 June 30th 05 04:00 PM
locked document Thmastr Microsoft Word Help 1 December 10th 04 01:24 AM