Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mohamed Mohamed is offline

Default I want to make numbers in english because it is in arabic?

I want to make numbers in english
they are in arabic

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I think this is a setting in Windows, not in Word. Go to Start
Control Panel Regional and Language. You can keep Arabic as your
main language, but you can change how the numbers display.

On Mar 22, 12:45*pm, Mohamed
wrote:
I want to make numbers in english
they are in arabic

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Mohamed,

To add just a bit to grammatim's reply -

If you are using Word 2007 and have an Arabic / right to left language enabled then in Word options you can set how numerals are
displayed (follow the Windows setting, follow the language contect of text in the document, Arabic (which isn't the Arabic language
in that case, but English style numerals)

You didn't mention the Word version you're using, so -

In Word 2007 the setting is in
Office Button=Word Options=Advanced=Show Document content

In Word 2003 the setting is in
Tools=Options=Complex Scripts

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)