Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carrie GB Carrie GB is offline

Default Using Microsoft fonts and clipart in products we sell

I am trying to find out if it is legal to use fonts and clipart from
Microsoft Word in stationary that my company sells. The EULA states that you
may not sell the media elements "if the primary value of the product or
service is in the Media Elements". I feel the value of our products are in
our service of printing and personalization, but am not sure about the
legality.

Thanks for your help in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Per http://www.microsoft.com/about/legal...efault.mspx#E4

Clip Art
The Microsoft Clip Art Gallery provides a compilation of artwork for your
personal use. Microsoft licenses some of the artwork from third parties and
therefore cannot grant permission for you to redistribute the artwork. For
more information on the terms of use, refer to the End User License
Agreement (EULA) that accompanied the product from which you obtained the
clip art. If you obtained the artwork from Office Online, you can find the
EULA at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/FX100667421033.aspx.

Many other product EULAs are available at
http://www.microsoft.com/legal/useterms/.

The following guidelines apply to the use of clip art:
1. You may use clip art in your school assignments and projects.
2. You may use clip art in your church brochure.
3. You may use clip art for personal, noncommercial uses.
4. You may not use clip art to advertise your business.
5. You may not use clip art to create a company logo.
6. You may not use clip art to illustrate the chapters of a book.
I'm not an attorney but my interpretation is that pretty much says that you
can't use it.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]