Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LuLu LuLu is offline

Default opening word 2007 docs on comp with word 2003

Hi I have some word 2007 files saved on my flash drive. I've been trying to
open them from a work computer that only has word 2003, but they are encoded.
How do i get them to open?

thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fredrik E. Nilsen Fredrik E. Nilsen is offline

On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 16:20:08 -0700, lulu
wrote:

Hi I have some word 2007 files saved on my flash drive. I've been trying to
open them from a work computer that only has word 2003, but they are encoded.
How do i get them to open?

Download the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack:

Fredrik E. Nilsen
http://fenilsen.wordpress.com
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

1. Never open files that are on removable media. Copy them to your hard
drive. (Do the same thing in reverse when saving the files.)

2. You will have to download the compatibility pack on the 2003 system
unless you've already saved those Word files as 97-2003 files.

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

news