Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Dorian C. Chalom Dorian C. Chalom is offline

Default Merge Checkbox Conditional

How do I do a mail merge de/selecting a check box based on the value of a
field in the excel file?

{ IF {MERGEFIELD InsuranceCode} = 15 or 16 "?" " "}

I cannot figure out how to code if I want to check if Insurance code is one
of a list of values.
Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You can certainly selectively merge a checked box character according to the
value of a field, but you cannot check a form field check box.
One way of checking for a value in a range of fields (as your example 15 or
16) is the following

{ IF { =({ IF{ MERGEFIELD InsuranceCode } = "15" 1 0 } + { IF{ MERGEFIELD
InsuranceCode } = "16" 1 0 }) } = 1 "Checked Box Character" "Unchecked Box
Character" }

See http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm

Dorian C. Chalom wrote:
How do I do a mail merge de/selecting a check box based on the value
of a field in the excel file?

{ IF {MERGEFIELD InsuranceCode} = 15 or 16 "?" " "}

I cannot figure out how to code if I want to check if Insurance code
is one of a list of values.
Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Dorian,

An alternative (simpler) field construction is:
{IF{={={MERGEFIELD InsuranceCode}= 15}+{={MERGEFIELD InsuranceCode}= 16}}= 1 "Checked Box Character" "Unchecked Box Character"}
or

Note: The field brace pairs (ie '{ }') for the above example are created via Ctrl-F9 - you can't simply type them or copy & paste
them from this message. Likwise, you can't type the chevrons (ie '« »') - they're part of the actual mergefields, which you can
insert from the mailmerge toolbar.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Dorian C. Chalom" wrote in message ...
How do I do a mail merge de/selecting a check box based on the value of a
field in the excel file?

{ IF {MERGEFIELD InsuranceCode} = 15 or 16 "?" " "}

I cannot figure out how to code if I want to check if Insurance code is one of a list of values.
Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Dorian C. Chalom Dorian C. Chalom is offline

I ended up doing my calculations in Excel and then simply merged the form
with excel then, much easier!