byunggukim

Default How do I view chinese characters using microsoft word 2000?

I might be an idiot for posting this but... How do I view and write chinese
chracters using microsoft word 2000? I try to paste some chinese characters
on word and it just showed some weird symbols.
garfield-n-odie

See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=216596 "How to install and use
the Input Method Editor (IME) from the Office 2000 MultiLanguage Pack".

byunggukim wrote:

I might be an idiot for posting this but... How do I view and write chinese
chracters using microsoft word 2000? I try to paste some chinese characters
on word and it just showed some weird symbols.

byunggukim

Well. I don't know anything about chinese. All I want to do is copy the
translated chinese into the word or any word processing application and be
able to send it via email. I couldn't figure what characters goes with what
when I tried to type chinese using IME. do you know if there is any
application or program that I can do this and the receipient be able to view
it? Thank you

byunggukim wrote:

I might be an idiot for posting this but... How do I view and write chinese
chracters using microsoft word 2000? I try to paste some chinese characters
on word and it just showed some weird symbols.

garfield-n-odie

Word cannot translate into Chinese for you. Word cannot type in Chinese
all by itself. The article I referenced explains what to
install/configure so that you can view and input Chinese characters in
Word 2000, assuming you already know how to read and type Chinese. No,
I don't know of any application or program that can translate, read, and
type Chinese by itself.

byunggukim wrote:

I might be an idiot for posting this but... How do I view and write chinese
chracters using microsoft word 2000? I try to paste some chinese characters
on word and it just showed some weird symbols.

I don't believe that's what he's asking for. I think he has Chinese
characters he is trying to replicate. I can attest that this is very
difficult in Word. You can view the characters in Insert | Symbol: Arial
Unicode MS, but there are so many of them that finding a specific one, even
if you know what you're looking for, is quite a challenge.

byunggukim wrote:

I might be an idiot for posting this but... How do I view and write

chinese
chracters using microsoft word 2000? I try to paste some chinese

characters
on word and it just showed some weird symbols.

How can I divide a page into three sections? Bonnie Microsoft Word Help 3 May 8th 23 02:47 AM
macro in word js Microsoft Word Help 1 December 28th 04 03:01 AM
How can I make Microsoft Word XP default instead of Word 2000? sachlind Microsoft Word Help 0 December 25th 04 11:01 PM
Macro that will add the file path & date to Word footnotes? Rich P Microsoft Word Help 2 December 15th 04 07:49 PM