Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Delta Omega Delta Omega is offline

Default How to deactivate word from a machine?

How do we deactivate either Office software from a machine to install it on
another one. Since Microsoft track it electronically if you do not deactivate
first you can not install it on another machine. Same is for Windows Vista, I
installed it on one of my machine for experimental purposes before I wanted
to install on the other machine. When I installed it to another machine it
gives me a message that this software is already installed on an other
machine can not be activated on this one. Any advice?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sat, 19 May 2007 15:19:01 -0700, Delta Omega Delta
wrote:

How do we deactivate either Office software from a machine to install it on
another one. Since Microsoft track it electronically if you do not deactivate
first you can not install it on another machine. Same is for Windows Vista, I
installed it on one of my machine for experimental purposes before I wanted
to install on the other machine. When I installed it to another machine it
gives me a message that this software is already installed on an other
machine can not be activated on this one. Any advice?

There is no way to deactivate Office. You must use the telephone
activation method. This is the description at
http://www.smartcomputing.com/editor...1r03/21r03.asp

Error Message: "Your installation cannot be activated because you have
activated up to the limit for your Product Key. For details about the
maximum allowed number of product activations, close this wizard and
review the End User License Agreement, available through the Help menu
of this application. If you believe that you are getting this message
in error, click Back and choose the telephone option. The telephone
activation system will provide you the opportunity to speak with a
support representative about all activation issues."

Translation: This happens after you install and activate Office 2003
on one computer, and then install Office 2003 from the same CD(s) on a
second computer—even if you uninstall Office 2003 from the first
computer before installing it on the second computer. Uninstalling
does not deactivate the original activation.

Solution: Call Microsoft's activation department at the number
displayed on-screen. When you reach the automated phone menu, press
zero (0) and you'll be directed to a person who can help you. You'll
need to attempt a restart of an Office 2003 application so that your
Activation Wizard is on-screen when you call.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Jeffeuilar Jeffeuilar is offline
Junior Member

Have you ever encountered a situation where you needed to remove something from your machine? It can be quite frustrating when you don't know the right steps to take. In this blog post, we will explore the process of deactivating a certain application from your machine. Whether it's a software program or a word processing tool, we've got you covered. Stay tuned as we dive into the various methods and go now tips to successfully deactivate unwanted elements from your machine.
jackjohnson jackjohnson is offline
Junior Member

I simply want US English removed from my computer so it can never turn up again. How do I do this please? Slope Game