Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bergant bergant is offline

Default equation editor

I'm writing a technical paper and use equation editor a lot. After the
document is long enough (the length is different in every case) word does not
allow me to view the page I am working on and if I save the document and try
to re-open it again a message appears saying that there are problems with the
content of the document and the file cannot be opened. The error is not
specified but its location is given, for instance

Location: Part:/word/document.xml, Line: 2; Column: 1015232

This problem occures only when I am using Equation Editor. I don't know what
to do, the last document I was working on was 100 pages long and now I cannot
open it. So does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thank you, Simon
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hello Simon

bergant wrote:
I'm writing a technical paper and use equation editor a lot. After the
document is long enough (the length is different in every case) word does not
allow me to view the page I am working on and if I save the document and try
to re-open it again a message appears saying that there are problems with the
content of the document and the file cannot be opened. The error is not
specified but its location is given, for instance

Location: Part:/word/document.xml, Line: 2; Column: 1015232

This problem occures only when I am using Equation Editor. I don't know what
to do, the last document I was working on was 100 pages long and now I cannot
open it. So does anyone know how to fix this problem?

some considerations he

- save often, and into new versions of the file (say, use
document001.docx, document002.docx, etc.), and since equations seem to
be a hazzle, maybe each time before creating a new one.

- you can try renaming the file in questions to a *.zip, open it
(double-clicking), locate the file document.xml in the zip structure
and open it on line 2, "col" 1015232. Then see whether there's something
"peculiar" there, or whether you can get it working again by deleting an
XML section from this file, then save and rename the ZIP file again.
[You definitely want to do this with a _copy_ of your file ...]

2cents
Robert
-

--