Reenie

Default Need help reformatting page size

I have a document that is set up as follows: 11x8.5", Portrait, Mirror
Margins. I need to reformat it (easily if possible) to 8.5x5.5" Mirror
Margins, to be printed 2-up on 11x8.5" paper. Any easy solution? Thanks!
Daiya Mitchell

First, explore the print dialog to see if you are able to set it to print
2-up--the setting was introduced in Word 2000 (I think, maybe 2002) and is
called "two pages per sheet." Not sure how the mirror margins will work,
but that'd be the easiest possibility.

If you plan on folding this in half to make a booklet, see he
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...etPrinting.htm

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Also, if you have Word 2000 or above, you can use the "2 pages per sheet"
option in the Page Setup dialog, which allows you to treat half a sheet as a
logical page.

.. .

On 3/17/05 7:55 PM, "Reenie" wrote:

I have a document that is set up as follows: 11x8.5", Portrait, Mirror
Margins. I need to reformat it (easily if possible) to 8.5x5.5" Mirror
Margins, to be printed 2-up on 11x8.5" paper. Any easy solution? Thanks!

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/
What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ:

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Reenie

I already tried this. I did 2 pages per sheet (which essentially cuts each
page in half) then changed to landscape (I need 5.5x8.5 rather than 8.5x5.5).
This does, of course, reduce the paper size, but it gets rid of the mirror
margins (the choice is 2 pages/sheet OR mirror margins) and doesn't scale the
content.

I should reiterate that this is for a completed manual. If this were a new
doc I would know what to do Tahnks

On 3/17/05 7:55 PM, "Reenie" wrote:

I have a document that is set up as follows: 11x8.5", Portrait, Mirror
Margins. I need to reformat it (easily if possible) to 8.5x5.5" Mirror
Margins, to be printed 2-up on 11x8.5" paper. Any easy solution? Thanks!

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/
What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ:

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Daiya Mitchell

Well, there's always the hard way....Save As and reformat...

If you can get it to print the way you want to, you should also be able to
turn it into a pdf, which would use the same settings (presumably). There
are free/cheap third-party pdf creation programs, e.g., cutepdf, pdf1995
that may work for you. Then you could send the pdf to the company for them
to print.

On 3/17/05 7:55 PM, "Reenie" wrote:

I have a document that is set up as follows: 11x8.5", Portrait, Mirror
Margins. I need to reformat it (easily if possible) to 8.5x5.5" Mirror
Margins, to be printed 2-up on 11x8.5" paper. Any easy solution? Thanks!

If you're using mirror margins, it sounds like you're doing a booklet. Have
you looked at http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...tPrinting.htm?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Also, if you have Word 2000 or above, you can use the "2 pages per

sheet"
option in the Page Setup dialog, which allows you to treat half a sheet

as a
logical page.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

On 3/17/05 7:55 PM, "Reenie" wrote:

I have a document that is set up as follows: 11x8.5", Portrait,

Mirror
Margins. I need to reformat it (easily if possible) to 8.5x5.5"

Mirror
Margins, to be printed 2-up on 11x8.5" paper. Any easy solution?

Thanks!

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/
What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ:

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Reenie

Yes, thanks. We did save as pdf and when we printed, we scaled it to fit 2-up
landscape. The margins zoomed from .75 to 1.5" on top and bottom, so that's
why I am reformatting it. It's "only" 32 pages, so I can cut and paste if
necessary. But I figured with all the bells and whistles in Word these days,
this should be an easy one!