Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lgardner lgardner is offline

Default Spellchecker

I have had a problem with the spellchecker for ages, i have changed the
languages and looked at all of the options in word2007 and cannot find
anything that will fix it. Basically when i misspell certain words for
example Rtes (should be rates) i press enter and it does not say i have spelt
it wrong with a red squiggly line. We all know itswrong but the spell
checker does not pick it up.

Has anyone else came across this???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

lgardner wrote:
I have had a problem with the spellchecker for ages, i have changed
the languages and looked at all of the options in word2007 and cannot
find anything that will fix it. Basically when i misspell certain
words for example Rtes (should be rates) i press enter and it does
not say i have spelt it wrong with a red squiggly line. We all know
itswrong but the spell checker does not pick it up.

Has anyone else came across this???

I tried everything on there apart from the Regedit, and it doesn't work, if
you type Rtes in it doesn't pick it up as a none word. What happens if you
type Rtes in word 2007.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Rtes is not flagged in Word 2003 either. The way around this anomaly is to
add the word to an exclude dictionary or create an autocorrect to Rates.