Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
removing all headers and footers[_2_] removing all headers and footers[_2_] is offline

Default design mode tool thingee

I get a "design mode" icon/bar in the middle of one text file every time I
bring it into Word 2003. And I cannot get rid of it by going to web tools on
the toolbar and clicking it off. It still comes up the next time. I also do
not see a place to get rid of it on the add-ins menu?

Is this hidden in my template somewhere? How do I get rid of it forever? I
never use this toobar.... thanks, Joe
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sun, 7 Jun 2009 19:07:01 -0700, removing all headers and footers
t.com wrote:

I get a "design mode" icon/bar in the middle of one text file every time I
bring it into Word 2003. And I cannot get rid of it by going to web tools on
the toolbar and clicking it off. It still comes up the next time. I also do
not see a place to get rid of it on the add-ins menu?

Is this hidden in my template somewhere? How do I get rid of it forever? I
never use this toobar.... thanks, Joe

Usually it means there's a control from the Controls Toolbox in the file. Word
treats those controls the same as macros for the purposes of the macro security
mechanism.

Go to Tools Macro Security and set the level to Medium. When you open the
file and you're prompted whether to disable or enable macros, click the Enable
button.

The alternative is to find any controls (combo box, option buttons, etc.) and
delete them.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
removing all headers and footers[_2_] removing all headers and footers[_2_] is offline

Hi, thanks. That enables me to delete the little "design mode" toolbar from
the middle of my text in this file, but only for the time that I have the
file up and am working on it. The next time I bring that same file in, that
little annoying toolbar is always there.

It does not seem to be in my list of macros for that file, under macros. How
do I permanently get rid of that little toolbar nuisance? I can get rid of it
both ways, but only temporarily? Is there a hidden code in my text somewhere?

Joe

t.com wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Use Save As to save the document as either an RTF file or an HTML file. Then
open the result and save it as a DOC file. That will remove any remaining bits
of the controls and/or macros.

What is design mode? Rusty Page Layout 5 May 14th 23 08:50 AM
Design Mode itype Page Layout 2 April 13th 21 09:11 AM
Design Mode Icon Mr B[_2_] Microsoft Word Help 3 July 20th 07 05:18 AM
How to turn off design mode for controls to open doc in user mode Bernhard Microsoft Word Help 1 September 18th 06 07:51 PM
Design Mode Michael Blogg Microsoft Word Help 1 July 28th 05 02:54 PM