Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
pmgamer18 pmgamer18 is offline

Default How to get spellchecker to work in my msn Email.

I have Vista and Microsoft Office Home and Student. When I use my msn Emile
my spellchecker will not work. It tells me to install a spellchecker with
Office or Word yet I have this. Anyone Help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

A known issue. The spellchecker that comes with Office 2007 is a
different file format than what comes with Office 2003 and earlier.
Outlook Express and Hotmail (neither of which are part of Microsoft
Office, by the way) do not come with their own spellchecking programs,
but instead rely on those in Microsoft Office, do not recognize the new
file format. You can reinstall the proofing tools from an earlier
version of Office if you have one, or you can install a third-party
spellchecking utility (there are many, some free, some not, just ask
Google).

pmgamer18 wrote:
I have Vista and Microsoft Office Home and Student. When I use my msn Emile
my spellchecker will not work. It tells me to install a spellchecker with
Office or Word yet I have this. Anyone Help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
pmgamer18 pmgamer18 is offline

Well thats great now how do I get my money back I asked this question when I
bought the laptop at BestBuy was told to ask MS and they said you need
office. I need this like I need a new hole in my head. Problem with vista
is most of your things like printers, MP3 players and scanners don't work.
To me this is a big dam rip off.
Thanks Phil

pmgamer18 wrote:
I have Vista and Microsoft Office Home and Student. When I use my msn Emile
my spellchecker will not work. It tells me to install a spellchecker with
Office or Word yet I have this. Anyone Help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jackie Kay Jackie Kay is offline

I just installed offc pro 2007, and now my MS OUTLOOK EXPRESS only has FRENCH
as a spellcheck dictionary, in a drop down, no other choices. I have checked
every setting on my laptop, control panel, MS Outlook and everything is set
to US ENGLISH. can someone please help!

pmgamer18 wrote:
I have Vista and Microsoft Office Home and Student. When I use my msn Emile
my spellchecker will not work. It tells me to install a spellchecker with
Office or Word yet I have this. Anyone Help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

You should have realized that when a new OS is introduced, you are going to
have compatibility issues. There's really no way around that. How can you
develop hardware or software for an OS that doesn't exist yet?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~