Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
fb052, kcmo fb052, kcmo is offline

Default "The Command Cannot Be Peformed" every time i open a file

I get this error message every time i left click on a file to open it:
"The command cannot be performed. Click OK, and then Close Open Dialogue
boxes to Continue".
I click the "OK" box and the document comes up.

I do not get this error message when i click on the WORD icon itself--iin
that event a blank word page comes up.

i have reinstalled by CD--same thing happens on my brand new computer.

any help appreciated. txs. feb. kcmo
--
fb0252
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

It means there's some bad code running, either in an add-in or in a macro
(ie, not in Word itself).

"fb052, kcmo" wrote in message
I get this error message every time i left click on a file to open it:
"The command cannot be performed. Click OK, and then Close Open Dialogue
boxes to Continue".
I click the "OK" box and the document comes up.

I do not get this error message when i click on the WORD icon itself--iin
that event a blank word page comes up.

i have reinstalled by CD--same thing happens on my brand new computer.

any help appreciated. txs. feb. kcmo
--
fb0252

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you're using Symantec/Norton AntiVirus, try disabling the
Office Plugin that comes with it. See
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329820 "How to use Office
programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in" for more
information.

fb052 wrote:

I get this error message every time i left click on a file to open it:
"The command cannot be performed. Click OK, and then Close Open Dialogue
boxes to Continue".
I click the "OK" box and the document comes up.

I do not get this error message when i click on the WORD icon itself--iin
that event a blank word page comes up.

i have reinstalled by CD--same thing happens on my brand new computer.

any help appreciated. txs. feb. kcmo

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
fb052, kcmo fb052, kcmo is offline

txs very much--was suspect somthing like my symantec--ill give this a try
when i have time.
--
fb0252