Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Maggie Maggie is offline

Default "Show screentips on toolbars"

When I place my curser on any toolbar icon the text description will not
appear. I understand about checking "show screentips on toolbars"; the
problem is since we upgraded to XP I have to go in everyday and check the
box. It doesn't stay checked anymore. The folks who take care of our
equipment haven't been able to figure it out either.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If your settings are not being saved, the problem could be a corrupted Word
Data key in the Windows Registry (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm for the fix), or it
could be a conflict with a poorly written add-in. Or it could be that the
company IT people are resetting some defined defaults at startup. If your IT
people don't understand the problem, my money would be on an add-in.