Kamilla Winther

Default How to remove the purple dotted line for smart tags

I do not want smart tags in my Word 2002 SP3. I have just received a new PC
and of course the hardest part of that is to reset Word so that it is like I
prefer it (Please, please remember to tell IT to make a system to back up my
normal.dot!)

Well,(not so) Smart tags removal.

I have un-selected the checkboxes in Auto-correct options - Smart tags. And
sure enough, no smart tags button appear. However, the purple dotted line
remains, and I KNOW that it wasn't there on my old pc. *grrr*

How do I remove it? Please help!
Kamilla Winther

Got it!

It always helps to ask! Tools - Options - View - uncheck Smart tags.

Mmmmm, much better.