Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] zach.taylor.12@gmail.com is offline

Default XSLT for Word document

Can anyone give me advice on the following? I need to create an xslt to
display some xsl data in MS Word.

I'm creating the XSL in Dreamweaver. The XML is output from Access.

When I try to apply the XML using the XSL ("Open with Transform"), Word
tries to validate the XSL and complains about the xsl:stylesheet
elements that dreamweaver inserts at the top of the XSL... the elements
that handle things like !ENTITY nbsp " ".

Can you suggest a way to handle this problem so that my users can open
these files in MS Word?

--Is there a way to tell word NOT to try to validate the XSL?
--Is there a better WYSIWYG XSL editor to use for MS Word?

Thanks!

Zach

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Can anyone give me advice on the following? I need to create an xslt to
display some xsl data in MS Word.

I'm creating the XSL in Dreamweaver. The XML is output from Access.

When I try to apply the XML using the XSL ("Open with Transform"), Word
tries to validate the XSL and complains about the xsl:stylesheet
elements that dreamweaver inserts at the top of the XSL... the elements
that handle things like !ENTITY nbsp " ".

Can you suggest a way to handle this problem so that my users can open
these files in MS Word?

--Is there a way to tell word NOT to try to validate the XSL?
--Is there a better WYSIWYG XSL editor to use for MS Word?

Basically, you need to learn what Word will and will not accept, then
create the XSL accordingly. The basic information can be found on the
msdn website, in the Word 2003 SDK. There's also a tool to infer a
transform from an existing Word document that might help you.

As far as I know, there's no XSL editor that's specifically designed to
create XSL for working with Word. It might be worthwhile asking in the
XSL newsgroup, though.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org