hopehavens

Default Changing a "caps lock" sound

Somewhere I changed a setting that has a notification sound each time I use
"caps lock" and then again each time I turn it off. I have searched and
searched to find out where to remove this -- I don't like it. It is not
under Tools--Options--Provide Feedback with Sound. I have that
"unchecked." Can anybody please tell me where it is?? It's kinda driving me
nuts. Many thanks!
Jay Freedman

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 04:34:02 -0700, "hopehavens"
wrote:

Somewhere I changed a setting that has a notification sound each time I use
"caps lock" and then again each time I turn it off. I have searched and
searched to find out where to remove this -- I don't like it. It is not
under Tools--Options--Provide Feedback with Sound. I have that
"unchecked." Can anybody please tell me where it is?? It's kinda driving me
nuts. Many thanks!

This isn't in Word, it's in Windows. To turn it off, go to Start
Control Panel Accessibility Options and uncheck "Use ToggleKeys".

To avoid having it turn on again (which happens if you hold NumLock
for more than 5 seconds), click the Settings button and uncheck the
"Use shortcut key" box.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman