Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tatu

Default Why CPU usage active when Word is idle

When Word is running, CPU usage never goes under 8%.

1.CPU usage around 30% @ Word activation.
2.CPU usage around 30% @ when a Document with letters is open.
(background spell check?)
3.CPU usage around 10% @ when Word is idle with a new Document with no
letter is open.
4.CPU usage around 10% @ when Word is idle with no Document is open.

I'm curious what Word is doing at 3. and 4..
For Win users, 4.would probably be an open Word window with no Document is
open.

I've never seen such active CPU usage when other word processors are idle.

(Office 2004 on Mac OS 10.3.9 G3 800M)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Tatu,

As you're running the Office:Mac version you may want to also post this in that newsgroup as well (link below).

========

--
I hope this helps you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Microsoft Office:Mac newsgroups:

or
http://microsoft.com/mac/community/c...pid=newsgroups

Microsoft Office:Mac products and updates
http://microsoft.com/mac