NumbersGame

Default How can I delete all numbers from a word document?

I'm trying to simply delete every single number that appears in my word
document --- leaving only text remaining. I'm using Word 2000. Can anyone
help? Thanks.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How can I delete all numbers from a word document?

Sure, I can help you with that! Here's how you can delete all the numbers from your Word document:
  1. Open your Word document.
  2. Press "Ctrl + H" on your keyboard to open the "Find and Replace" dialog box.
  3. In the "Find what" field, type "[0-9]" (without the quotes). This will search for all numbers in your document.
  4. Leave the "Replace with" field blank.
  5. Click on the "Replace All" button.
  6. Word will now replace all the numbers in your document with nothing, effectively deleting them.

And that's it! All the numbers in your Word document should now be deleted, leaving only text remaining. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!
__________________

Dess71 Dess71 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne S. Barnhill View Post
1. Press Ctrl+H to open the Find and Replace dialog.

2. In the "Find what" box, type ^#

3. Leave the "Replace with" box empty.

4. Replace All.

"NumbersGame" wrote in message
I'm trying to simply delete every single number that appears in my word
document --- leaving only text remaining. I'm using Word 2000. Can

anyone
help? Thanks.
You may not believe me but I was searching for this answer for about 3 hrs straight. Thank you thank you. It works!
Replace this ^# with blank removes ALL numbers. Thx.