Wynn

Default Paste-Values Equivalent in Word?

I use excel a lot and I am looking for a "paste-specialvalues" equivalent.
I have paste-linked cells from Excel into word documents as RTF. This is for
a monthly bill, and once it is sent out, I want these links to be pure text.
I do not want to copy as paste as a bitmap. The only option I can think of
is to make the forms into pdfs. Do you have any other ideas? Thanks.
Jay Freedman

Wynn wrote:
I use excel a lot and I am looking for a "paste-specialvalues"
equivalent. I have paste-linked cells from Excel into word documents
as RTF. This is for a monthly bill, and once it is sent out, I want
these links to be pure text. I do not want to copy as paste as a
bitmap. The only option I can think of is to make the forms into
pdfs. Do you have any other ideas? Thanks.

I have to assume you have a reason to paste-special as links, rather than
paste-special without the link (the Paste radio button in the Paste Special
dialog).

When it's time to freeze the value as plain text, select the linked value
(or the whole document, to work on all links at once) and press
Ctrl+Shift+F9 to "unlink" the LINK field. It won't change the RTF
formatting.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman